Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 1, Cont'd: The Road Home



My wanderings through the wilderness bring me to a lovely little clearing where lots of not-so-lovely green folks are praying to a statue. I use my hunter's cunning to determine they're orcs. One of them, apparently a high priest, uses his own mad skills to determine that I, on the other hand, am not an orc. Woah! I'd better be careful around this one. He tells me not to near the statue, but I decide to go for it anyway. Hunters gotta compete, you know.




Eh... on second thought, I'll leave the guy with the giant sword and an unnatural love for green people alone. You never know when the ominous warnings you get from cultists will turn out to be true.


There's another fellow at the shrine, a wandering mage name Geontene.




He buys my potions that I've been mushing together, so I go through my pack and potionize everything that can be squished in a cup. He also buys the staff I found on that mage who I walloped with my axe, as well as the axe itself. By the end of our trading, I'm sitting pretty on 756 septims.


A bit more walking and I reach the road back to Anvil. The sun is beginning to get low in the sky, and I'm excited to finally be heading back to Anvil, 739 coins richer than I started today.




Up ahead, a khajiit dressed in fur (does that seem wrong to anyone else?) runs toward me. Maybe he's got an urgent message?




Huh?

1 comment: